BREAKSTONE'S Sensational Creamy Strawberry Shortcake
SUBMITTED BY: BREAKSTONE'S"Fresh strawberries and creamy vanilla filling are layered between shortcake rounds, topped with whipped topping and more strawberries in this classic summer dessert."
- 1 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix for biscuits
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Beat 1/2 cup of the milk, the sour cream and 3 Tbsp. sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in baking mix until just moistened. Spread evenly into greased 9-inch round cake pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top is golden brown. Remove from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Toss strawberries with 1/3 cup sugar; set aside. Cut cake horizontally in half to make two layers.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; top with half of the strawberry mixture. Spread with pudding mixture; cover with top cake layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping; top with remaining strawberry mixture. Serve immediately. Store any leftover shortcake in refrigerator.